Hockey fans will be staying up late or waking up early to watch as Team Canada faces off against Sweden in the men's gold medal final in Sochi.
With a 4 a.m. PT start, many will be watching from home, but there are also community gatherings being organized in smaller centres, such as the one happening in starting goalie Carey Price's hometown of Anahim Lake.
- CBC Olympics: Watch the gold medal game live online
- 5 things you can do to help Team Canada win gold
In urban areas, some cafés are opening early and a number of B.C. pubs and bars are opting to remain open through Sunday morning, but alcohol won't be on the menu.
Under temporary new rules announced by the provincial government on Thursday, bars and pubs will not be allowed to serve liquor until 9 a.m. Sunday. Also, only those establishments that are already licensed to serve that early can do so.
The B.C. government said, in the interest of health and safety, unfinished liquor will also be removed from bar patrons within 30 minutes of the end of liquor service hours, which vary by establishments.
Where to watch: Some venues open for 4 a.m.
Do you have a venue to add to the list? Tweet us @cbcnewsbc with the details and we'll add it.
- Library Square Public House, 300 W Georgia St.
- The Pint Vancouver, 455 Abbott St. (open at 3:45 a.m.)
- Sin Bin Sports Grill, 295 W 2nd Ave. (reservations required)
- G Sports Bar and Grill, 1208 Granville St. (minimum $15 purchase)
- The Blarney Stone, 216 Carrall St. (Tickets $25. Doors at 3:45 a.m.)
- Edgewater Casino, 311-750 Pacific Blvd. S. (Tickets $5)
- Rocio's Saltenas & Pastries, 2261 East Hastings St.
- Wings Restaurant & Pub, 6879 Kingsway (4 a.m.)
- Frog & Nightgown Pub, 1125 Falcon Dr. (3:30 a.m., family-friendly)
- The Burke Beer House, 2099 Lougheed Hwy. (3:45 a.m.)
- Cat & Fiddle Pub, 1979 Brown St. (reservations taken, kid-friendly)
- Hog Shack, 3900 Bayview St. (reservations full)
Starlight Casino's Gateway Grill, 350 Gifford St.
- Ocean Park Pizza & Village Pub, 12822 16 Ave (3:30 a.m.)
- Bob's Bar n' Grill, 27083 Fraser Hwy. (free coffee)
- Major League 2 sports bar, 45768 Gaetz St. (4 a.m.)
- Corky's Irish Pub, 45844 Yale Rd. (doors open at 3:45 a.m.)
- Shark Club, 2852 Douglas St.
- The Loghouse Pub, 2323 Millstream Rd. (doors open at 3:30 a.m.)
- Simonholt, 6582 Applecross Rd. (open at 3:30 a.m.)
- Bennett Bay Bistro (reservations appreciated)
- Fireside Lounge at Heriot Bay Inn, Heriot Bay
- 97 Street Pub, 2402 Highway 97 N (open at 4 a.m.)
- Boston Pizza Sahali location, Columbia Square Mall, 500 Notre Dame Drive (4 a.m.)
- Gibraltar Room at Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex (Open at 3:45 a.m. Bring coffee, but no food allowed.)
- Ulkatcho First Nation's Nagwuntl’oo School
- Alpenhorn Bistro & Bar, 1261 Main St. (open at 4 a.m.)
- Finley's Irish Bar and Grill, 705 Vernon St. ("Pajama hockey party")
B.C. hometowns of Team Canada's men's hockey players
- Jamie Benn — Victoria
- Shea Weber — Sicamous
- Duncan Keith — Penticton
- Dan Hamhuis — Smithers
- Carey Price — Anahim Lake
- Roberto Luongo — Vancouver Canucks (does that count?)