Investigation into B.C. Taser incident continues
It could be another six weeks before the West Vancouver police complete their investigation into why a Mountie stunned an 11-year-old boy with a Taser near Prince George, B.C., last month.
The boy was shocked April 7 after he allegedly stabbed a caregiver at his government run group home, the RCMP has said.
West Vancouver Police Chief Pete Lepine says officers conducting the investigation have interviewed the Mounties involved and witnesses, and are now consulting with legal counsel and experts on police use of force.
Lepine said he understands the sense of urgency around the case, but he wants to ensure a fair, thorough and transparent investigation and the probe might not be finished until early July.
B.C.'s Representative for Children and Youth Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond has also said she will launch a special investigation into the incident, including reports that some group home staff members are using police to help discipline children.