A three-time federal offender with multiple convictions for sexual assault will be residing in Vancouver, police say.
The Vancouver Police Department is warning the public that Carl Kane, 49, poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of adult women, especially those engaged in sex work.
Kane is described as five feet eight inches tall, weighing 190 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes and a scar on the left side of his lower lip.
The terms of Kane’s long-term supervision order include the following conditions:
- Not to be in the company of sex trade worker.
- Not to consume, purchase, or possess alcohol.
- Not enter establishments where the primary source of income is derived from the sale or consumption of alcohol.
- Report all relationships intimate and non-intimate.
- Not to associate with any persons believed to be involved in criminal behaviour.
Anyone witnessing Carl Kane in violation of any of these conditions is asked to contact police immediately.