Vancouver police are warning the public that a 66-year-old man with a lengthy criminal history was released from prison Friday afternoon.
Police say Harvey Riach will be living in Vancouver after spending more than six years in prison for aggravated assault.
Police say Riach has a lengthy criminal history that includes convictions for other violent crimes.
"He poses a risk of significant harm to vulnerable people, including substance abusers, sex workers, and others with whom he may come into contact," according to a police news release.
The Correctional Service of Canada has assessed Riach as a high risk to reoffend.
Riach is described as white, 5 feet 8, and weighing 218 pounds. He has long grey hair, a grey beard and mustache and green eyes.
His tattoos include an eagle on his left forearm, a bird on his right forearm and a panther on his right upper arm. Police said Riach must abide by the following conditions:
- Not to be in contact with any sex workers.
- Not to possess or consume alcohol or any controlled substance.
- Not to enter any establishment where alcohol is the primary commodity of sale.
- Not to be outside of his residence between the hours of midnight and 6:00 am daily, except for the purposes of employment.
- Not to possess any weapons.
Anyone witnessing Riach in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 911.