Harsh words for winter as spring emerges
'Hit the road Jack!' says Vancouver resident
By Cory Correia, CBC News Posted: Mar 20, 2017 6:36 PM PT Last Updated: Mar 20, 2017 6:36 PM PT
Photos by Cory Correia
With spring upon us and winter in the rear-view mirror CBC News asked people what they would say to Old Man Winter after this unusually harsh winter season.
Laura Buker, inspired by one of her favourite songs, would tell winter it is getting its you-know-what booted out of here on the first day of spring.
Originally from Montreal, Michael Whitworth says he came to Vancouver with hopes of warmer winters, but after this chilly welcome to the West Coast, his message was blunt.
Instead of giving the cold shoulder to this chilly season, Christian Ku of Burnaby says he would keep winter warm.
Hailing from Montreal, Ena Bendon has missed the cold winters of Quebec and calls this the most stellar winter she's ever had.
Dianne says her Coquitlam home still has snow around it and has a simple message.
Sayda Marin has lived in the Lower Mainland for almost 30 years but coming from Guatemala she kindly asks that next time winter shortens its stay.
David Yellowley from Maple Ridge says he hasn't seen a winter like this in 20 years and says he doesn't expect to see this much snow again for a couple more decades.
Coming from Australia, Tina doesn't appreciate the cold and would tell Old Man Winter that he has overstayed his welcome.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- New Westminster schools to have counsellors on hand after student dies of overdose
- Campground owner places decoy cop car near road in bid to slow speeders
- Body of missing fire chief swept away by flood located in B.C.'s Interior
- Flood fatigue sets in as Okanagan lakes and rivers continue to rise
- 'Most dangerous situation I've ever seen': B.C. hot springs closed over food-habituated bears
- Hundreds rally in Burnaby to oppose Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
- Man dead after vehicle hits utility pole in Cloverdale B.C.
- Stanley Park targets invaders with weekend weed pull
- Smoke from fire at Delta recycling facility seen across Metro Vancouver