As businesses and residential developments continue to appear in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside, concerns have been raised about balancing the needs new residents with those of low income residents and services for homeless people.
Grappling with Growth: Vancouver's Downtown Eastside
CBC News Posted: Apr 04, 2013 12:05 PM PT Last Updated: Apr 04, 2013 12:04 PM PT
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Why isn't La La Land playing in Ryan Gosling's hometown?
- 2 'High on Life' Canadians given jail time for violating rules in U.S. parks
- Disabled rooster loves his new wheelchair
- Vancouver retailer fined over $70K for illegally bought spot prawns, crab
- Trolls restaurant owners die days apart after 52 years of marriage
- Mother of murdered teen Dario Bartoli sues provincial government over ambulance response
- Trump Tower Vancouver developer sues contractor over delays
- 'Whatever means necessary': How these insiders tricked Loblaws shoppers into signing up for credit cards
- Police investigate fatal shooting of 22-year-old man in Surrey