Fraser Health boundaries could be changed
Health review commissioned by minister to try and find ways to improve patient care
The Fraser Heath Authority has released a new report recommending 10 priorities to improve patient care in the region, including possibly changing the region's boundaries.
The recommendations include:
- Improving the health authority's capacity for care by reducing unnecessary use of hospitals.
- Investing in more community care.
- Improving the quality of care delivered in hospitals.
- Building on recent primary care achievements.
- Delivering a balanced budget.
Health Minister Terry Lake said he will also consider boundary changes to the Fraser Health Authority as a result of the review.
The full details of the report have been posted on the Fraser Health website. The report was ordered by Lake in 2013.
With files from the CBC's Renee Fillippone