The Fraser Heath Authority has released a new report recommending 10 priorities to improve patient care in the region, including possibly changing the region's boundaries.
The recommendations include:
- Improving the health authority's capacity for care by reducing unnecessary use of hospitals.
- Investing in more community care.
- Improving the quality of care delivered in hospitals.
- Building on recent primary care achievements.
- Delivering a balanced budget.
Health Minister Terry Lake said he will also consider boundary changes to the Fraser Health Authority as a result of the review.
The full details of the report have been posted on the Fraser Health website. The report was ordered by Lake in 2013.