Alleged drug trafficking ring busted by New Westminster Police, Burnaby RCMP
Police say 'hard work' led to the arrest of 5 men
Five men have been charged with drug trafficking, after a joint bust by the New Westminster Police street crime unit and the Burnaby RCMP drug section.
Police say the "extensive investigation" spanned three months — October, November and December of 2015.
"Drug trafficking negatively affects the entire community and it traditionally brings an element of risk to the public," said NWPD acting Sgt. Jeff Scott. "The hard work of our street crime unit has led to these alleged drug traffickers being charged for their offences."
Now facing multiple drug–related counts are:
- Gary Gurinder Singh Dhami: Six counts of drug trafficking.
- Sukhtaj Sing Kang: Four counts of drug trafficking.
- Miles Dennis Sparks: Two counts of drug trafficking.
- Kiearah Ayisha Atwell: Four counts of drug trafficking and three counts of possession of a controlled substance.
- Kelvin John Madden: Four counts of drug trafficking and three counts of possession of a controlled substance.
Investigators did not release the ages nor home towns of the suspects, nor what kind of drugs were seized.
The five men have been released with conditions pending their court appearances.