A Vernon city councillor thinks 'bush cameras' may be a way to deter or catch the person or people suspected of leaving poison in an on-leash city dog park.

Scott Anderson says he's heard of "three confirmed and one possible" dog poisonings at Marshall Fields since late February. Anderson also says another dog died after being poisoned at a different Vernon park. 

"Bush cameras are cameras that are hidden in the trees on a temporary basis to try to catch people," Anderson told CBC News. "I've been in contact with local dog control and we discussed [it]."

Anderson says installing cameras at Marshall Fields is only an idea at this stage. 

Vernon dog owners have been warning each other to keep an eye on their pets when in Marshall Fields Park, which also contains a number of sports facilities including soccer and baseball fields and tennis courts. 

Boyd Goble believes his eight-month-old dog Angel may have ingested a poisoned hot dog while in Marshall Fields. 

Marshall Fields, Vernon

At least four dogs have become sick after being in Marshall Fields Park. (City of Vernon)

"She had puked several times and couldn't even stand herself up," said Goble. "By the time I did take her into the vet she was just in terrible shape."

"They couldn't 100 per cent prove that it was poison, but [the vet] basically said all of the symptoms were that of a poisoning."

Angel is now recovering and Goble is out $500 in veterinary bills. 

Anderson says stories of dogs being poisoned are nothing new in Vernon.

"What goes through my mind is that it causes a great deal of heartache for the folks that have their dogs poisoned. Last year there was one [story] where someone had sprinkled antifreeze on timbits and left them out," he said.

"In my opinion it's time to end it."

With files from Brady Strachan