Appropriation vs. artistic freedom
Air Date: May 13, 2017 4:20 PM ET
Prominent Canadian journalists are under fire for their reaction to a controversial editorial that dismissed the idea of cultural appropriation. Walrus editor Jonathan Kay and CBC film and pop culture critic Jesse Wente discuss.
Top News Headlines
- Cash-for-jobs immigration consultant under scrutiny by federal and provincial officials
- Australian cardinal takes leave amid sexual assault charges
- Having your smartphone nearby can be a 'brain drain' — even if it's off
- A very social Trudeau ducks the accountability of 'elective dictatorship': Andrew MacDougall
Latest Canada News Headlines
- 'Unbelievable': Banff visitor walks right up to grizzly in apparent bid for closeup photo
- Embodying Barbie: Cosmetic gynecology on the rise in Canada
- 'It felt like I had been stabbed,' says patient left with 33-cm metal plate inside after surgery
- Boy, 13, killed in Mississauga crash that claimed 3 lives remembered as 'outgoing, bubbly'
- Canada's top court backs order for Google to remove firm's website from global searches