Absolutely Canadian is a national weekly one-hour series showcasing documentaries and performance programs that tell unique stories from communities across Canada. All programs are produced locally, often by independent filmmakers, and have aired as part of a regional 'Absolutely' series
The story of a a 17-year-old Austrian Jewish refugee and a black Canadian soldier who meet at a London dance hall, fall in love, marry, and return to New Brunswick. Aired Saturday, July 16th, 2016. Also online.
The story of notorious gangster Al Capone’s connection to the Canadian prairies by filmmaker Kelly-Anne Riess. Aired Saturday, July 9th on CBC TV. Also Online
Watch previous episodes
Absolutely Canadian on TwitterTweets by @AbCanCBC
- Battling the Beast: The untold story of the fight to save Fort McMurray
- Brad Wall on the Husky Energy oil spill LIVE at 12 p.m. ET
- What the closure of an Arctic seaport in Manitoba could mean for Canadian sovereignty
- Reality check: Can B.C.'s new foreign-buyer tax cool Vancouver's housing market?
- 'We all make mistakes': Iqaluit residents on MP Hunter Tootoo's return after addiction treatment
- Prince William, Kate Middleton to tour B.C., Yukon this fall
- Public servant who wasn't getting paid quits in disgust
- Air Canada policy change urged after minor left alone to sleep on airport floor overnight
- 'We're a statistic,' says Indigenous mother who lost 2 daughters in 1 year
- Mandatory safety checks every 2 years, if auto association gets its way