Minneapolis-based Target Corporation announced Thursday that the locations of the first 24 stores it will open in Canada will all be in Ontario.
Target bought 189 leases from Zellers Inc. last year and plans to open between 125 and 135 stores in Canada, most of them next year.
The discount retail chain said it will spend up to $11 million on remodeling the first 24 sites and hire as many as 200 staff.
It said the following locations are due to open in March or early April, 2013:
• London Westmount, Westmount Shopping Centre
• Kawartha Lakes, Lindsay Square Mall
• Newmarket, Upper Canada Mall
• Milton, Milton Mall Shopping Centre
• Cambridge, Cambridge Centre
• Toronto, Centrepoint Mall
• Mississauga, Square One Shopping Centre
• Ajax, Durham Centre
• Orillia, Orillia Square Mall
• Brampton, Shoppers World Brampton
• London, Masonville Place
• Windsor, Devonshire Mall
• Toronto, Cloverdale Mall
• Toronto, Shoppers World Danforth
• Burlington, Burlington Mall
• Toronto, East York Town Centre
• Aurora, Aurora Shopping Centre
• Fergus, Gates of Fergus
• Hamilton, Centre Mall
• Guelph, Stone Road Mall
• Burlington, Millcroft Centre
• Waterdown, Flamborough Power Centre
• Whitby, Taunton Road Power Centre
• Brampton, Trinity Common.