As Canadians' longevity increases, seniors are having to increasingly factor the costs of health care into their retirement plans and will continue to have to budget more money for this expense over longer periods, experts say.
There's no question that the buzz around New Brunswick's new shared-risk pension plans is growing. We look at what they are and find out why this new kind of plan could be the wave of the future in places facing hugely underfunded pensions. video
Despite the recent talk of Canada's efforts to crack down on tax evasion, the truth is that most Canadians resign themselves to the certainty of death and taxes. But there are those around the world who take exception to giving the taxman his share of their earnings and sometimes end up on the wrong side of the law. Here's a list of 10 high-profile cases.
- CIBC CEO warns retirement savings will come up short video
- Selling options on stock in RRSPs is risky way to boost returns
- Cooling house market could undercut retirement plans
- Seniors not factoring failing health into retirement plans
- Canadians carrying debt into retirement
- Gen Y too busy paying off debts to save for retirement