Apple Inc. is worth more than these 5 things
Apple Inc. reached a record value on the stock market Wednesday, surpassing $500 billion US, and is now worth more than twice the market capitalization of Canada's big five banks put together, among other things.
Apple Inc. reached a record value on the stock market Wednesday, surpassing $500 billion US.
That gives Apple:
- About twice the market capitalization of Canada’s big five banks put together.
- More than three times the value of the Canada Pension Plan.
- 33 times what the oil industry invested in the oilsands last year.
- 245 times the worth of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Enough value to buy 273,000,000,000 large Tim Hortons coffees.
And while it's not quite enough to pay off Canada’s federal debt, it would put a big dent in it, reducing the red ink by 86 per cent.