Burns Lake mill explosion one-year anniversary
Posted: Jan 17, 2014 12:01 AM ET
This weekend marks the one-year anniversary of the Burns Lake mill explosion and fire that killed two and devastated the northern community. To mark the occassion, a collection of voices from the workers, first responders and community members affected by the tragedy.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
A man in his 30s was shot by police in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que., Monday after he allegedly hit two members of the Canadian Forces with his car and led police on a chase
Nepal wrapped up rescue operations in its northern mountains Monday, saying all the surviving hikers believed to have been stranded on a trekking route are now safe. Thirty-nine people died, including 4 Canadians, in blizzards and avalanches in the Himalayas last week
- Martin Rouleau, Quebec driver shot by police, 'radicalized': RCMP
- Peter de Groot's sister says, 'He was executed'
- YouTube video shows B.C. grizzly chewing on GoPro camera
- Shark attacks man surfing with 3 young sons
- Indian status: Why Lynn Gehl's court challenge matters
- Negative online reviews led to threats of legal action from targeted businesses
- 'Sexy' Halloween kids costumes at Value Village anger mom
- Grizzly bear entered Claudia Huber’s house before fatal attack
- Could Ebola rank among the deadliest communicable diseases?
- Derek Puffer told police he killed Bill and Donna Lee Powers