Burns Lake mill explosion one-year anniversary
Posted: Jan 17, 2014 12:01 AM ET
This weekend marks the one-year anniversary of the Burns Lake mill explosion and fire that killed two and devastated the northern community. To mark the occassion, a collection of voices from the workers, first responders and community members affected by the tragedy.
Top News Headlines
Prime Minister Stephen Harper tells Peter Mansbridge that he believes change is coming to Cuba.
- Dalhousie dentistry student speaks out about sexism in faculty
- CFOX host Jeff O'Neil provokes outrage with 'F***, kill or marry' question
- Wildrose waits as floor-crossing goes to vote by Alberta Tories
- The Interview premiere screenings axed from Canadian theatres
- Jordan Axani finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for free trip around the world
- BlackBerry Classic returns to fundamentals
- Cuba, U.S. relations 'overdue development,' Stephen Harper says
- Jingle Bells Christmas song started as a drinking song written by a 'jerk'
- Cuba, U.S. to restore diplomatic relations after 50-year rift
- Dalhousie University probes misogynistic student 'Gentlemen's Club'