Bullying: Hate Crime?
Posted: Nov 05, 2014 4:36 PM ET
They can strike with devastating effect. Targeting children relentlessly, absent of any fear of being caught or charged and sometimes - far too often it seems their young victims suffer long term harm or even death. Suicide. But because they are Children victimizing other Children, Bullies seem to get away with it. Today, after a flurry of news stories about young people who are believed to have taken their own lives .. after being bullied, we're asking about the wisdom of turning it into a Hate Crime.
Top News Headlines
- Justin Bieber: 'I'm not who I was pretending to be,' says Canadian pop star
- Falling loonie part of a new race to the bottom
- Tim Hortons layoffs blindsided workers, manager says
- $13.5M-winning lottery ticket bought 7 seconds late invalid, top court decides
- Boko Haram rampage in northeast Nigeria kills more than 40
- Emma Holten responds to nude photo leak with consensual images
- Target's $8,000 cheque for student conference bounces
- 5 ways millennials' tech habits differ from older generations
- Marlene Bird, who lost her legs after attack, finally has a home
- James Landry sentenced to 14 years in 'murder for lobster' case