Posted: Oct 11, 2013 3:01 PM ET
23andMe has patented a new system in the U.S. to test your DNA for genetic health risks. It says it has no plans to offer it to the public, but some bioethicists are concerned. Dr. Jeff Nisker debates Dr. Lee Silver, co-founder of GenePeeks.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- James Foley the subject of failed U.S. rescue mission in Syria
- Killer whale flips 'sea lion' into air in YouTube video
- Neanderthals, humans may have coexisted for thousands of years
- Justin Trudeau says he wants 170 Liberal MPs in the House
- Mohamed Yaffa accuses Air Canada of discrimination because he's Muslim
- RCMP look into Calgary link with possible Islamic militants
- Parents opt to keep babies off Facebook
- Beautiful aurora photos taken from space
- Quebec NDP MP Sana Hassainia defects over Mideast position
- James Foley killing: Journalist’s parents honour slain son