Posted: Oct 11, 2013 3:01 PM ET
23andMe has patented a new system in the U.S. to test your DNA for genetic health risks. It says it has no plans to offer it to the public, but some bioethicists are concerned. Dr. Jeff Nisker debates Dr. Lee Silver, co-founder of GenePeeks.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Burlington Skyway crash: What you need to know
- Burlington Skyway crash: Driver charged with impaired driving
- Burlington Skyway closed all weekend as engineers assess damage
- Derailed CN freight car hits Via Rail train near Gananoque
- Huge waves detected in Arctic waters for 1st time
- 'Doug Ford is lying,' Toronto police chief says, threatening lawsuit
- Polar bear wins tug of war with Nunavut man over beluga
- Legendary Ojibwa sniper unsung hero of WW I
- Bill Clinton on Osama bin Laden day before 9/11: 'I could have killed him'
- Obama calls for release of Hadar Goldin, captured Israeli soldier