Boy buried 12,600 years ago linked to modern Native Americans
Posted: Feb 13, 2014 4:55 PM ET
He died more than 12,000 years ago. And now his DNA has linked him to almost all living Native Americans, including study co-author Shane Doyle.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
The body of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo arrives back in Hamilton, Ont.
The body of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, killed during Wednesday's shootings in the nation's capital, was transported in a procession along the Highway of Heroes from Ottawa to Hamilton. At the same time, a ceremony in Ottawa marked the return of ceremonial guards at the National War Memorial.
- Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo: Outpouring of emotion as 'Canada's son' comes home
- Washington school shooting: 2 dead, including lone gunman
- Jian Ghomeshi, host of Q, off the air to deal with 'personal issues'
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau was asked to leave Burnaby, B.C., mosque
- Ottawa shooting: MPs and Hill staff struggle with emotions
- Town rallies around vandalized Cold Lake Mosque
- Sun turns biggest sunspot in 24 years toward Earth
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's killer approached from behind, fired twice
- Ottawa shooting: Where did Michael Zehaf-Bibeau get his gun?