Bill Henderson calls on Vancouver School Board to save music programs
Posted: Apr 16, 2014 11:21 AM ET
Ex-Chilliwack frontman Bill Henderson says proposed cuts to Vancouver School Board's music programs could be catastrophic.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
The body of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo arrives back in Hamilton, Ont.
The body of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, killed during Wednesday's shootings in the nation's capital, was transported in a procession along the Highway of Heroes from Ottawa to Hamilton. At the same time, a ceremony in Ottawa marked the return of ceremonial guards at the National War Memorial.
- Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo: Outpouring of emotion as 'Canada's son' comes home
- Ottawa shooting: Zehaf-Bibeau used junk mail as temp licence plate
- Washington school shooting: 2 dead, including lone gunman
- Jian Ghomeshi, host of Q, off the air to deal with 'personal issues'
- Town rallies around vandalized Cold Lake Mosque
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau was asked to leave Burnaby, B.C., mosque
- Sun turns biggest sunspot in 24 years toward Earth
- Ottawa shooting: MPs and Hill staff struggle with emotions
- Justin Bourque could get consecutive life terms for Mountie killings