Big Joe controversy
Posted: Apr 01, 2014 9:22 AM ET
The Ottawa RedBlacks have dropped Mufferaw from their mascot's name after complaints from Francophones who thought it was in poor taste. An owner of the team, Jeff Hunt, explains.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- Jean Chrétien gave U.K. government advice ahead of Scotland referendum
- Hurricane Odile: WestJet offers final evacuation flight to Calgary
- Apple's iPhone 6 selling out early in Canada
- Phony cops scam money from tourists in Vancouver
- Canadian home ownership more costly than thought, BMO report says
- World's largest beaver dam explored by Rob Mark
- iPhone 6: RCMP called to control line-up at Metro Vancouver mall
- B.C. teachers' strike: No extension to school year to make up for lost time