Born in Montreal, award-winning photojournalist Barbara Davidson of the Los Angeles Times documents the pain, loss, and poverty of families ruptured by gang violence in Compton, Watts, and south central L.A. Keith Boag meets the woman behind the intimate images, as well as some of the people whose compelling stories she has captured with her camera.
Barbara Davidson: Close to the Crossfire
CBC News Posted: Jul 05, 2011 4:17 PM ET Last Updated: Jul 05, 2011 4:15 PM ET
Top News Headlines
- Jonathan Crombie, Anne of Green Gables actor, dead at 48
- Ottawa Senators fan Katie Kerrick harassed at Habs game
- 4 British sailors charged in gang rape of woman were typical tourists on social media
- Average Canadian home price is $440K - what will that buy?
- 'I am in the depths of despair': Green Gables fans mourn Jonathan Crombie
- Calgary Zoo gorilla wraps itself in Canucks jersey
- Anti-Uber Montreal cabbies target taxi two-timers
- Montebello Rockfest outraged after porn movie filmed on site
- Elmer Libertino homicide: police appeal to geotaggers for clues
- 5 cycling tips you need to know