Assisted suicide returns to Canadian courts
Posted: Nov 12, 2013 12:01 AM ET
Her case began in BC's Supreme Court this week but Gloria Taylor suffering from ALS has already taken her fight public. She has spoken at length on this program. Now in a Vancouver courtroom, those arguing against the decriminalization of assisted suicide are waiting to make their case.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- B.C. teachers' strike: Both sides back at bargaining table
- Liberal polling lead more than a Justin Trudeau honeymoon
- Apple gives users ability to delete U2 album from iTunes
- Taliban suicide bomber strikes NATO convoy, killing 3
- Jamila Bibi risks stoning if deported to Pakistan, lawyer says
- Mike Duffy case: Court in session Tuesday for senator's expenses case
- U.S. targets ISIS in Iraq with fresh airstrikes
- Deanna Bergeron sought ice cream, picked up $50M lottery ticket
- SIU launches investigation into Hamilton cop who preyed on sex workers
- Almost half of China's rich want to leave the country, Barclays says