Assisted suicide returns to Canadian courts
Posted: Nov 12, 2013 12:01 AM ET
Her case began in BC's Supreme Court this week but Gloria Taylor suffering from ALS has already taken her fight public. She has spoken at length on this program. Now in a Vancouver courtroom, those arguing against the decriminalization of assisted suicide are waiting to make their case.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Andrea Giesbrecht: New details emerge about accused in dead infants case
- Ottawa shooting: Michael Zehaf-Bibeau's movements revealed by security video
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, Ottawa gunman, asked B.C. judge to send him to jail
- Rosie O'Donnell's remarks on Ottawa shooting draw criticism online
- Nathan Cirillo: Family and country mourn fallen soldier
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's killer approached from behind, fired twice
- Ottawa shooting: Terror attack chatter but no specific threat
- Ebola outbreak: Doctor in New York City tests positive for virus
- Witness foils attempted kidnapping at Hamilton school
- Ottawa shooting: Nurse Margaret Lerhe tried to save Nathan Cirillo