TIFF VIDEO: Rising star Michael Fassbender
Posted: Sep 13, 2011 9:09 AM ET
Last Updated: Sep 13, 2011 12:40 PM ET
Michael Fassbender is cementing his leading-man status, propelled by his portrayal of Carl Jung in David Cronenberg's A Dangerous Method and his role as a sex addict in the buzzed-about Shame.
CBC's Arisa Cox sat down for a talk with the rising star at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Jedward on the MMVA red carpet by Laura Thompson Jun. 17, 2013 12:48 PM Cheerful pop duo Jedward had much to say to CBC News on the red carpet Sunday night at the Much Music Video Awards in Toronto. A lot of their excitement came from seeing Avril Lavigne, complete with spiky hairband. Check out the Irish twins in this video clip.
Top News Headlines
- 2 men jailed in Dominican wedding fight return to Canada
- Two Canadian men who were detained in the Dominican Republic for nearly three weeks after a post-wedding fight broke out at a resort have returned to Toronto, the latest step in a drama that the wife of one of the men said was "like a scene from the movies." more »
- Senators call for 'zero tolerance' on harassment in RCMP
- The RCMP should amend its code of conduct to explicitly define and prohibit harassment, a Senate committee is recommending in a newly tabled report. more »
- Are e-cigarettes safe to puff?
- As electronic or e-cigarettes grow in popularity, some health advocates want them to be regulated. more »
- Most groups don't want return of Trudeau speaking fees
- Most of the 17 charitable and other organizations that have paid speaking fees to Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau during his time as an MP say they aren't interested in having their fees returned, despite Trudeau's offer on the weekend to reimburse any organization unhappy with his services. more »
Latest Arts & Entertainment News Headlines
- Stunt woman's phone hacked to overhear Angelina Jolie
- A woman who worked as a stunt double for Angelina Jolie sued Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. in Los Angeles on Tuesday, claiming she's a victim of a phone hacking scheme to obtain information about the actress. more »
- Crazy Rich Asians: an interview with author Kevin Kwan
- In his debut novel, Manhattan-based Kevin Kwan returns to the moneyed Asian enclaves of his youth to satirize an outlandish, fantastical world of wealth. more »
- Goon's Jay Baruchel, Michael Dowse honoured for hockey comedy
- Actor Jay Baruchel accepted kudos for his work behind the camera on his hockey comedy Goon on Tuesday, with the avid Montreal Canadiens fan awarded Telefilm's Golden Box Office prize at the Hockey Hall of Fame. more »
- Justin Bieber's car strikes pedestrian, but no charge laid
- Los Angeles police say Justin Bieber struck a pedestrian with his car in Hollywood, but there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening. more »
- The National performs live in studio Q Jun. 18, 2013 1:16 PM The indie rock giants play songs from their acclaimed sixth studio record, "Trouble Will Find Me".
- Michael Pollan: 'We watch people cook on TV more than we cook ourselves' Jun. 18, 2013 4:51 PM Food writer Michael Pollan chronicles his pilgrimages to people who are keeping culinary traditions alive in his new book Cooked.