Avril trades baggy pants for black lingerie in Goodbye
- March 2, 2012 11:33 AM |
- By Jessica Wong
After teasing fans over Twitter for the past week, Avril Lavigne has unveiled her "surprise" gift to them: a stylized music video that sees the Canadian pop star trade her Sk8er Boi and Complicated-era baggy pants for black lingerie.
The singer-songwriter unveiled late Thursday a video for her track Goodbye, shot by celebrity photographer Mark Liddell at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood and released to mark the recent end of her yearlong Black Star tour.
In the introductory message recorded prior to the tour's final concert in Malaysia in February, the singer thanks her fans for their support.
"You've been incredible," the casually dressed Napanee, Ont. singer says. "Thank you for taking the time to listen to [my album Goodbye Lullaby], to buy my songs, to buy my albums and to come out to the show, to buy tickets to come hear me sing. It means so much."
In the video, Lavigne's usual straight, sandy locks are transformed into a mess of platinum blonde waves, while she looks like a naughty Taylor Swift as she strikes poses around a hotel room, mostly clad in lacy undergarments. The song's lyrics concern the bittersweet end of a relationship.
The glam, grown-up image seems in step with the maturing of the Los Angeles-based Ms. Lavigne, who is rumoured to be in talks to join the American version of TV singing contest X-Factor (after a stint guest-judging on American Idol).
And lest you think she's slacking off music-wise, Lavigne also tweeted this week about being in studio working with a fellow Canadian, before eventually posting a photo showing the diminutive singer "Bro'ing out Chad Kroeger." Hmmm...Nickelback and Avril collaborating? Canada waits with bated breath.
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post