Anansi plugs dancing Atwood avatar
- December 2, 2011 3:13 PM |
- By Jessica Wong
We've all tried it, right? From turning a simple photo into a stylish figure straight out of Mad Men to taking the guise of a blue-skinned Na'vi just like those in Avatar, there are countless online character generators floating around to provide silly, time-wasting fun.
As a lark during this month's holiday season, House of Anansi has taken one of the most prominent authors in its stable -- CanLit icon Margaret Atwood -- and made her over as a Charleston-dancing elf.
Anansi posted the video Thursday, saying that Atwood agreed to it and is the first author at the publishing house thus honoured.
While the effect is cute, eagle-eyed web users have already started pointing out that anyone can become a dancing Peggy -- the video is one of several choices available via the ElfYourself website created by digital entertainment studio JibJab for supplies company OfficeMax. Still, we grant Anansi a few points for its sense of humour.
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post