Counting down to Harry Potter
- April 28, 2011 12:19 PM |
- By Arts Online
Do you remember the first time you heard Hedwig's Theme from the Harry Potter films? The John Williams composition sparks chills with each tinkling beat and sets goosebumps crawling up your arm with every soaring rush of orchestral sound. Watching the trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, which begins with a spooky, stilted version of said theme, has the same effect.
The last time you'll hear this song in theatres is fast approaching, with the final installment of the blockbuster series making its way into cinemas on July 15. It'll most likely be the last time we see myriad wizard robe-clad fans camping outside theatres for hours beforehand, shrieking -- perhaps crying -- with anticipation and excitement over the characters dreamed up by bestselling author J.K. Rowling.
We're definitely anticipating one of the biggest movies of the summer (it's 78 days away -- we're counting!) and the bittersweet end of an epic, record-setting film franchise. How about you?
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post