iPad: Sorry, Steve Jobs -- MAD TV beat you to it
- January 27, 2010 2:43 PM |
- By Arts Online
The sketch comedy show MAD TV has some fun with their version of the iPad. (Fox/YouTube)
The world's abuzz today with news of the iPad, the latest life-changing device from Steve Jobs and his band of wacky Apple elves. But in all the commotion over this cutting-edge technological development, we've lost sight of one important fact: the iPad is old news.
Back in the summer of 2006, the jokers at MAD TV unveiled their own, er... personal electronic tool, which they dubbed the iPad, in a sketch that parodied both those ubiquitous iPod commercials and the cringe-inducing chipperness of feminine hygiene ads. [WARNING: The content of the following clip is somewhat racy.]
Not bad, huh? Though I guess it didn't offer the same assortment of fancy apps.
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post