Perez Hilton vs. The Black Eyed Peas
- June 22, 2009 1:18 PM |
- By Arts Online
Throngs of people flocked to the corner of Queen and John in Toronto for last night’s star-studded MuchMusic Video Awards, but it appears the real theatrics unfolded on the after-party circuit in the wee hours of the morning.
In a flurry of tweets and a video statement posted on his site, gossip blogger Perez Hilton is alleging he was physically attacked by the manager for the Black Eyed Peas, after Hilton exchanged heated words with BEP frontman Will.i.am at a late-night party following the awards broadcast.
For his part, Will.i.am has now posted his own video response to Hilton’s claims, in which he denies the assault, offers up his version of the events that went down last night and adds, “somebody wants mad attention,” before questioning the fact the well-known blogger is “twitting” about the drama. According to the Canadian Press, Peas manager Polo Molina turned himself in to police and has been charged with assault.
In a strange sidebar, Toronto’s SoHo Metropolitan Hotel, which played host to many of the presenters and performers at the MMVAs, issued a press release this morning, in which it appeared to distance itself from the incident. It emphasized that while Hilton had sent his assault-related tweets from a friend’s room at the SoHo, any alleged physical altercations occurred at the Cobra nightclub.
I’ve watched both videos a bunch of times, and still have no idea who’s offering up the “true” account of what went on last night.
Readers, what’s your take on this drama-a-rama?
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post