Today in McConaughey: No shirt, no shoes, full service
- April 30, 2009 3:45 PM |
- By Arts Online
Bare-chested actor Matthew McConaughey. (Gabriel Bouys/AFP/Getty Images)
Our old pal Matthew McConaughey has a new movie, Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past. Based on the trailers I've seen so far, the movie looks like it just might be worse than the actor's other atrocious rom-coms, Failure To Launch and Fool's Gold (check back tomorrow for a full review). And of course, GOGP will feature plenty of shots of McConaughey in his natural state: shirtless.
We're not the only ones who are... er, bemused by the actor's penchant for eschewing the "no shirt, no shoes" clause on a regular basis. A fellow from laff-centric National Lampoon recently sat down with McConaughey and GOGP co-star Jennifer Garner for what could be one of the most awkward interviews ever conducted. Why? Well, the gentleman in question decided to flip the script and doff his top during his chat with the pair. Watching shirtless interviewer Matt Zaller attempt to clip his tiny microphone to a tuft of chest hair is entertaining, but the real star here is Garner, whose deadpan composure is hilarious.
Former McConaughey roommate Matt Damon poked fun at the dude's pectoral pride when he stopped by the Late Show With David Letterman a while back. His McConaughey impersonation is eerily dead-on:
The folks at New York Magazine, on the other hand, suggest that McConaughey may have a rival for the title of Most Frequently Shirtless Man in Hollywood. Feast your eyes on this slideshow, which pits the Texan top-ditcher against Wolverine himself, fellow bare-chested thespian Hugh Jackman.
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post