Twitter wars: Perez Hilton vs. Lily Allen
- February 17, 2009 1:09 PM |
- By Arts Online
Illustration by Jillian Tamaki
Should Twitter be renamed Bicker? If you were watching the celebrity Twitter feeds last night — and I certainly hope you were — you may have borne witness to the spat that took place between gossip blogger/cultural blight Perez Hilton and British singer Lily Allen.
For those sad sacks who chose to waste precious time with family and friends instead, here’s a profanity-free summary of their exchange:
Perez Hilton: Lily Allen is casting her new music video and I want to be in it, or at the very least create an internet sensation by telling my fans that I want to be in it.
Lily Allen: As if. Get a life.
Perez: No, I’ll do whatever I want. That’s how I earn my living.
Headache-inducing, isn't it?
-- Flannery Dean
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post