Morrissey's seal of disapproval
- February 17, 2009 10:20 AM |
- By Arts Online
Canada can’t win with former Smiths singer Morrissey. On tour in support of his latest album, Years of Refusal, Moz appears to be continuing his personal protest against the annual seal hunt by leaving Canada off his 2009 tour calendar. Nations with impeccable animal rights records — Russia, the U.S. and the UK — all escape his censure.
Seals need an advocate, certainly, but can’t the prickly singer spare a thought for his disappointed Canuck fans?
-- Flannery Dean
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post