- November 18, 2008 10:00 AM |
- By Arts Online
Illustration by Jillian Tamaki
Remember when you used to amuse yourself while playing The Legend of Zelda by whacking one of the random chickens laying about town with your sword? And after you'd hit for it long enough, an entire flock would come peck at you till you stopped? Based on a video discovered by Boing Boing, that was a completely accurate portrayal of the defensive practices of chickens!
Chickens don't just stand up for their fellow roasters -- they're evidently also the peacekeepers of the animal world. In this clip, when two rabbits start a fracas, the chickens fly in and break up the fight. After separating the bunny brawlers, each throws in an intimidating peck for good measure before leaving the scene.
Human law enforcement could stand to learn a thing or two from fauna.
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post