TGIF: signs of the (pop cultural) apocalypse
- October 10, 2008 5:03 PM |
- By Arts Online
Illustration by Jillian Tamaki
If relations between a cat and a dog would fall under the umbrella of inter-species romance, what would one dub the love a man holds for his pineapple?
No, but really: a batshit-crazy musician exchanged vows with his beloved tropical delicacy in Europe. In order to wed said pineapple, he had to leave his hometown of Munich and travel across the border to Scotland, where a kilt-wearing fella performed the ceremony. Sounds kinda fruity to me.
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post