Today in McConaughey
- September 17, 2008 3:56 PM |
- By Arts Online
Illustration by Jillian Tamaki
Oh noes, Matthew McConaughey! What's that you say? Your marijuana-hazed wave-riding odyssey Surfer, Dude hit theatres two weeks ago?
Funny how nobody paid any attention, dude. (Or should we say Surfer, Dude?) According to Entertainment Weekly's Hollywood Insider, everyone in the industry knew the project was a giant bomb-in-the-making, little more than a money pit through which you could indulge your fantasies of having moviegoers bear witness to the horrific spectacle of your naked didgeridoo prowess. Anyhow, sounds like that $6 million disaster has grossed less than $40 000 so far.
I'm never one to kick a man while he's down, but I can't help but chuckle a bit at this blow to the McConaughey Empire of Slackerdom.
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post