Today in McConaughey
- August 27, 2008 12:02 PM |
- By Arts Online
Actor Matthew McConaughey. (Jae C. Hong/Associated Press)
The New York Post's Page Six gossip column -- which claims Kit McConaughey's penned a tome titled I Amaze Myself -- reprints quotes from the slacker matriarch's interview with US Weekly, which touches on her husband's death. But Mama McConaughey's recollections are less sad than they are salacious:
"On Monday mornings, he and I often said goodbye by making love," Kay, 78, told Us magazine. "One day, all of a sudden, it just happened. I knew that something was wrong, because I didn't hear anything from him. Just nothing. But it was just the best way to go!"
Admittedly, these salty revelations are old news; back in April, Matt himself fondly remembered his dear old dad's post-coital passing.
All Arts & Entertainment blogs
Things That Go Pop!
- FILM REVIEW: Titanic 3D - minute by minute
- James Cameron's Titanic was always a marathon at three hours and counting. As it returns in 3D, Eli Glasner examines the experience --- minute by minute -- and discovers Céline Dion's ubiquitous soundtrack, and James Cameron's risible dialogue, have not improved with age. Continue reading this post
- Sparkle trailer gives last glimpse of Whitney Houston
- A trailer for the movie musical Sparkle was released Monday, giving us a glimpse of Whitney Houston's last project. The late singer plays the mother of Jordin Sparks, an aspiring singer in the 1960s who rises with a girl group similar to the Supremes. Sparkle will be released in August. Continue reading this post
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- It's a box office battle of mythic proportions this weekend as remixed fables and fairy tales go head to head. In one corner, Mirror Mirror, a snarky retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. In the other, Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the widely panned remake from 2010. Continue reading this post