Snuggie for dogs: the useless canine accessory you never know you wanted.
It’s an immutable law of pop culture: success = sequels. So it’s no surprise that Activision is releasing DJ Hero in October as a follow-up to their runaway hit, Guitar Hero.
The new film by Joel and Ethan Coen, A Serious Man, looks (and sounds) seriously awesome.
Last night, William Shatner and Conan O'Brien mined Sarah Palin's Twitter account for poetic gold.
Charlene Yi is Baby to Channing Tatum's Johnny Castle in a bizarroland version of Dirty Dancing.
Flaming Lips let their freak flag fly, Weezer jump the shark, and the mysterious jj zone out: this week's new musical discoveries.
On Sunday, Sarah Palin stepped down as governor of Alaska. She delivered a corker of a farewell speech filled that left many wondering what the heck she was trying to say up there. Tonight Show host Conan O'Brien recruited William Shatner to help us all understand that Palin was just trying to write her own brand of beatnik poetry.
One day last week, talk in the Arts Online office turned to the topic of children’s lit, and a bunch of us began reminiscing about our favourite books from when we were kids. Though shout-outs were given to E.L. Konigsburg’s From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, George Selden’s The Cricket in Times Square and Beverly Cleary’s Ramona books, the one author who was mentioned more than all the rest was Roald Dahl.
With the recent success of Todd Philips’ buddy flick The Hangover, comedian and actor Zach Galifianakis is enjoying some much-deserved mainstream attention.
The Transit Tapes is a live music performance web series. As you might be able to glean from its name, the Transit shows don't take place in a traditional music venue. Instead, each segment features an independent Canadian act playing one or two songs in the back of a TTC streetcar (free of other passengers) as it glides through the streets of downtown Toronto.
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2012 (110)
- August (3)
- Maeve Binchy: An appreciation
- Alanis Morissette takes wing in new video Guardian
- FILM REVIEW: The Watch
- FILM REVIEW: Step Up: Revolution
- Twitter experiment celebrates Tom Thomson online
- FILM REVIEW: The Dark Knight Rises
- FILM REVIEW: Beasts of the Southern Wild
- 5 unforgettable Rolling Stones gigs
- Cookie Monster covers Call Me, Maybe
- FILM REVIEW: To Rome with Love
- FILM REVIEW: Take This Waltz
- FILM REVIEW: Magic Mike
- Muse joins Olympics song canon
- Nora Ephron: a laugh at life's curveballs
- The cure for Game of Thrones withdrawal
- FILM REVIEW: Brave
- Rockstar Hotel bangs to '80s beat in Toronto
- FILM REVIEW: Rock of Ages
- Dallas returns to high expectations from viewers
- Bonnaroo: a musical education
- Tweeting Tom Thomson
- Madonna's cheeky Born This Way poke at Lady Gaga
- FILM REVIEW: Men in Black 3
- Queen Victoria's journals go online
- Whitney Houston's final song Celebrate debuts
- FILM REVIEW: The Dictator vs Bernie
- The trouble with Mrs. Eastwood and Company
- Young cancer patients enchant with Stronger lip dub
- FILM REVIEW: Dark Shadows
- Memories of Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie
- FILM REVIEWS: The Raven, The Five-Year Engagement
- Cirque's Amaluna needs a little more polish
- 5 Hot Docs films to whet your appetite
- Lindsay Lohan hitches star to Liz Taylor biopic
- FILM REVIEWS: The Lucky One, Damsels in Distress, Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope
- Reaction to Pulitzer's fiction snub
- Breakfast with Coachella
- Phish answers the call for 'more cowbell'
- FILM REVIEWS: The Three Stooges, The Raid: Redemption
- The Hunger Games on the hunt for new director
- FABLE FIGHT: Mirror Mirror vs. Wrath of the Titans
- Hot in Cleveland heads to Ontario
- Jessica Paré turns chanteuse for Mad Men
- FILM REVIEW: Footnote
- FILM REVIEW: The Hunger Games
- Navigating Canadian Music Week: Day 1
- Inside Ai Weiwei's world
- Sugar Shack cuisine from Quebec's Martin Picard
- Bill Roache on Corrie Street and the great beyond
- FILM REVIEW: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey
- 5 memorable Oscar moments
- What not to do with an Oscar
- Assessing Oscar's actress and supporting actress races
- Couch potatoes triumph with Simpsons marathon
- Glee's 'unintentional' tribute to Whitney Houston
- The long shadow over Chris Brown's Grammy win
- Romance onscreen for Valentine's Day
- Spider-Man trailer: fresh take or more of the same?
- FILM REVIEW: The Woman in Black
- FILM REVIEW: Miss Bala
- Jack White goes solo
- Set course for Calgary, host of ST: TNG reunion
- FILM REVIEWS: Man on a Ledge, One for the Money, The Grey
- A first listen of Leonard Cohen's Old Ideas
- FILM REVIEW: Haywire and Red Tails
- FILM REVIEW: A Separation
- The Artist's silence isn't golden for some moviegoers
- Hello. Are these the films you're looking for?
- FILM REVIEWS | Contraband, Beauty and the Beast 3D and Pariah
- FILM REVIEW: A Dangerous Method