Tatiana Maslany, Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black were among the winners at the Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, Calif., Thursday evening.
Regina-born Maslany, star of sci-fi TV hit Orphan Black, picked up her second consecutive trophy for best actress in a drama, beating out stiff competitors such as Robin Wright (House of Cards) and Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife).
Netflix's prison-set comedy-drama Orange is the New Black was one of the evening's big winners, taking three honours: best comedy series, best supporting actress in a comedy (a tie for Kate Mulgrew) and best guest performer in a comedy (for actress Uzo Aduba).
The new FX series Fargo, the Calgary-shot series inspired by the Joel and Ethan Coen film, also earned a trio of trophies, including best miniseries and honours for actors Billy Bob Thornton (actor in a movie or miniseries) and Allison Tolman (supporting actress in a movie or miniseries).
Though concluded, AMC's Breaking Bad scored several notable wins as well, with the TV critics group honouring the gritty show as best drama series and crowning co-star Aaron Paul best supporting actor in a drama.
Oscar-winner Matthew McConaughey added another trophy to his mantle, with a best actor in a drama series win for his dark turn in HBO's True Detective.
Stage and screen star Allison Janney was one the evening's multiple winners. Her sassy role in the sitcom Mom led to a tie with Orange Is the New Black's Mulgrew for best supporting actress in a comedy, while she also picked up another prize (guest performer in a drama) for Showtime's Masters of Sex.
Other prize-winners included:
- Actress in a comedy: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep.
- Actor in a comedy: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory.
- Best TV movie: The Normal Heart.
- Actress in a movie or miniseries: Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Coven.
- Animated series: Archer.
- Reality series: Shark Tank.
- Supporting actor in a comedy: Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- Supporting actor in a movie or miniseries: Matt Bomer, The Normal Heart
- Supporting actress in a drama: Bellamy Young, Scandal.
- Talk show: The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
The Critics' Choice Television Awards is administered by the Broadcast Television Journalists Association.