70th annual Golden Globe winners
Posted: Jan 13, 2013 9:09 PM ET
Last Updated: Jan 14, 2013 2:02 PM ET
Best dramatic film: Argo.
Best director: Ben Affleck, Argo.
Best actor, film: Daniel Day Lewis, Lincoln.
Best actress, film: Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty.
Best comedy or musical: Les Misérables.
Best actor, comedy or musical: Hugh Jackman, Les Misérables.
- Best screenplay, film: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained.
- Best supporting actress, comedy or musical: Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables.
- Best actress, comedy: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook.
- Best film score: Mychael Danna, Life of Pi.
- Supporting actor film: Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained.
Best animated film: Brave
Best foreign film: Amour
- Best TV series: Homeland.
- Best actor, TV drama: Damian Lewis, Homeland.
- Best actress, TV drama: Claire Danes, Homeland.
- Supporting actress, TV series, miniseries or movie: Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey.
- Miniseries or movie: Game Change.
- Actress, miniseries or movie: Julianne Moore, Game Change.
Supporting actor, miniseries: Ed Harris, Game Change.
Best actor, miniseries: Kevin Costner, Hatfields & McCoys.
Best actor, comedy: Don Cheadle, House of Lies.
Best comedy: Girls
Best actress, comedy: Lena Dunham, Girls.
- Horror tale Haunting Melissa targets app audiences by Jessica Wong May. 16, 2013 4:40 PM If you're seeking the weather, the news or a pic of what your buddy had for lunch, there are apps for that. What about an original, Hollywood-calibre ghost story from a producer of The Ring and Mulholland Drive? Now, there's an app for that, too. Haunting Melissa ventures into the burgeoning realm of digital storytelling as a traditional ghost story with a modern twist -- namely a tale that unfolds through an iOS app.
Top News Headlines
- Search continues for 2 missing New Brunswick fishermen
- A search effort has resumed for two missing fishermen off the coast of New Brunswick, after a distress call was issued from their boat early Saturday. more »
- Jeep driver apologizes after stunt kills Edmonton woman
- A man claiming to be the driver of a Jeep that struck and killed a spectator at a charity event in Edmonton says he is sorry for what happened. more »
- Senior Pakistani politician shot dead
- Gunmen in Pakistan have killed a senior member of Imran Khan's Movement for Justice (PTI) party outside her home in Karachi. more »
- Virginia parade crash driver likely had medical problem
- Authorities believe the driver who plowed into dozens of hikers marching in a Virginia mountain town parade suffered from a medical condition and did not cause the crash intentionally, an emergency official said Sunday. more »
Latest Arts & Entertainment News Headlines
- John Lennon guitar snags $408,000 at auction
- A custom-made electric guitar played by the late John Lennon and George Harrison of the Beatles sold at a New York auction on Saturday for $408,000 US, said officials with the company behind the event more »
- Book seller Sarah McNally: Hipster writes her own business rule book
- Canadian Sarah McNally is taking her own unique approach to the book-selling game in New York City, and its success is evident in her Manhattan McNally-Jackson Bookstore, writes David Gutnick. more »
- Mohawk Girls series tells stories of once 'voiceless' women
- The director behind a TV series being shot in Kahnawake says she wants to show Canadians what it means to be a Mohawk woman. more »
- Thieves steal $1M worth of jewels during Cannes film festival
- Thieves ripped a safe from the wall of a hotel room near the Cannes Film Festival and made off with around $1 million worth of jewelry in a brazen late-night burglary. more »
- Pete Townshend on The Who's "Tommy" May. 17, 2013 4:15 PM
- Juvenile inmates benefiting from Russian literature May. 17, 2013 3:32 PM A juvenile correctional facility in Virginia has seen the behavioural benefits of encouraging their inmates to read the works of classic Russian writers like Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal
- Spectator killed at Edmonton Jeep event
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels weekly radio show
- Email is proof Senate greenlit expenses, Brazeau says
- Senior Pakistani politician shot dead
- Winning ticket sold in Florida for $590M Powerball jackpot
- Rescue attempt over for New Brunswick fishermen
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield adjusts to 'earthling' life