Paul McCartney closes show with Delta pipe band
Posted: Nov 26, 2012 12:59 PM ET
Last Updated: Nov 26, 2012 3:50 PM ET
More than 40,000 fans packed into BC Place on Sunday night to see Sir Paul McCartney's first performance in Vancouver since 1964, when he appeared with the Beatles at Empire Stadium.
There was a big surprise during the encore when the Delta Police Pipe Band in full regalia played back-up.
Afterwards, many fans raved about the energetic 70-year-old's performance.
“I don’t know if I can put it into words. It was the best show ever,” said one fan outside the stadium.
But there was also a disappointment, Bruce Springsteen, who was rumoured to be planning to make an appearance, did not appear on stage. Springsteen has his own show tonight at Rogers Arena.
- Jedward on the MMVA red carpet by Laura Thompson Jun. 17, 2013 12:48 PM Cheerful pop duo Jedward had much to say to CBC News on the red carpet Sunday night at the Much Music Video Awards in Toronto. A lot of their excitement came from seeing Avril Lavigne, complete with spiky hairband. Check out the Irish twins in this video clip.
Top News Headlines
- Obesity now recognized as a disease
- The American Medical Association has voted to recognize obesity as a disease, while doctors in Canada say they also treat it as such. more »
- B.C. First Nation sets fires to save bison
- A First Nation band is reviving the age-old practice of controlled burning in order to improve the health of forests and restore the population of the wood bison in a corner of northeastern B.C. more »
- 1 in 8 bird species threatened with extinction
- One in eight bird species worldwide faces the threat of extinction, according to a report released by Birdlife International. more »
- Canada buys rare War of 1812 collection for $573K
- The government of Canada was the winning bidder for a large collection of letters, maps and other papers that once belonged to Sir John Sherbrooke, the lieutenant-governor of Nova Scotia who conquered Maine for the British during the War of 1812. The collection sold for $573,000 at auction in London. more »
Latest Arts & Entertainment News Headlines
- Monsters University's Billy Crystal, Dave Foley
- Pixar returns to the story of animated duo Mike and Sulley in this summer's Monsters University, with Billy Crystal and Dave Foley among the notable cast of actors lending their voices to the kids' film. more »
- Guillermo del Toro calls Pacific Rim a family movie
- Director Guillermo del Toro' monsters vs. machines movie Pacific Rim is a summer spectacle that sets out to be different from other movies of its kind. more »
- Laval's corrupt image scares off choral festival sponsors
- The founder and driving force behind Laval, Que.'s annual international choral festival says allegations of corruption at Laval city hall have driven away some of the festival's sponsors. more »
- Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- A Milan court has convicted fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana of tax evasion, finding the pair guilty of failing to declare €1 billion ($1.37 billion Cdn) in income to authorities. more »
- Guillermo Del Toro's Monsters Jun. 19, 2013 1:47 PM The award winning director stops by Studio Q to chat about his upcoming blockbuster Pacific Rim.
- This summer's must-read mysteries Jun. 19, 2013 6:02 PM If you like a good thriller or whodunit to read while basking in the sun, then this roundup of books is for you!
- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Bob Rae quits as MP in 'very emotional' decision
- Wearing a mask at a riot is now a crime
- 2 men jailed in Dominican wedding fight back in Canada
- B.C. teacher duct-taped students' mouths
- Obesity now recognized as a disease
- Dozens of children seized from Manitoba Mennonite community
- Half of First Nations children live in poverty
- Huge ancient city at Angkor Wat revealed by lasers