Lil Wayne tops Elvis Presley's Billboard record
The Associated Press
Posted: Sep 28, 2012 9:55 AM ET
Last Updated: Sep 28, 2012 9:54 AM ET
Lil Wayne is not only making rap history, he's making rock 'n roll history: the rapper has surpassed Elvis Presley as the male with the most entries on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Lil Wayne now has 109 songs on that chart with Thursday's debut of Game's song Celebration, where he is a guest alongside Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa.
Of his 109 charted songs, only 42 are led by the rapper himself; 67 are tracks where he is the featured act.
Thursday was also the rapper's 30th birthday.
Presley totalled 108 songs on the Hot 100 since it launched in 1958. Presley's career kicked off before that and several of his songs — like Heartbreak Hotel — could not be included in his total number.
The Glee cast has logged the most Hot 100 entries with 204.
- Jedward on the MMVA red carpet by Laura Thompson Jun. 17, 2013 12:48 PM Cheerful pop duo Jedward had much to say to CBC News on the red carpet Sunday night at the Much Music Video Awards in Toronto. A lot of their excitement came from seeing Avril Lavigne, complete with spiky hairband. Check out the Irish twins in this video clip.
Top News Headlines
- Most groups don't want return of Trudeau speaking fees
- Most of the 17 charitable and other organizations that have paid speaking fees to Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau during his time as an MP say they aren't interested in having their fees returned, despite Trudeau's offer on the weekend to reimburse any organization unhappy with his services. more »
- Are e-cigarettes safe to puff?
- As electronic or e-cigarettes grow in popularity, some health advocates want them to be regulated. more »
- Canada to send peacekeeping troops to Haiti
- A handful of Canadian troops are about to take part in peacekeeping operation in Haiti, under the command of Brazilian forces, in a long-delayed mission that has been kept inexplicably low on the political radar. more »
- Google asks secret court to lift gag on surveillance
- Google is asking the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to lift its long-standing gag order on how often the company is asked to turn over data about its customers to the U.S. government. more »
Latest Arts & Entertainment News Headlines
- Stunt woman's phone hacked to overhear Angelina Jolie
- A woman who worked as a stunt double for Angelina Jolie sued Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. in Los Angeles on Tuesday, claiming she's a victim of a phone hacking scheme to obtain information about the actress. more »
- Crazy Rich Asians: an interview with author Kevin Kwan
- In his debut novel, Manhattan-based Kevin Kwan returns to the moneyed Asian enclaves of his youth to satirize an outlandish, fantastical world of wealth. more »
- Goon's Jay Baruchel, Michael Dowse honoured for hockey comedy
- Actor Jay Baruchel accepted kudos for his work behind the camera on his hockey comedy Goon on Tuesday, with the avid Montreal Canadiens fan awarded Telefilm's Golden Box Office prize at the Hockey Hall of Fame. more »
- Justin Bieber's car strikes pedestrian, but no charge laid
- Los Angeles police say Justin Bieber struck a pedestrian with his car in Hollywood, but there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening. more »
- The National performs live in studio Q Jun. 18, 2013 1:16 PM The indie rock giants play songs from their acclaimed sixth studio record, "Trouble Will Find Me".
- Michael Pollan: 'We watch people cook on TV more than we cook ourselves' Jun. 18, 2013 4:51 PM Food writer Michael Pollan chronicles his pilgrimages to people who are keeping culinary traditions alive in his new book Cooked.
- Canadians in Dominican wedding fight freed from jail
- TV chef Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by police for assault
- Huge ancient city at Angkor Wat revealed by lasers
- Montreal mayor resigns amid corruption charges
- Disabled woman's care before dying on bus still a mystery
- Student with bullied past, 'The Doorman,' graduates
- 'Standing man' inspires new, silent protests in Turkey
- G8 leaders agree to 7-point plan on Syria as summit wraps
- Parents of son 'brutally beaten' playing hockey want charges