Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck is returning to the helm of one of the hottest and biggest post-Oscar parties Sunday, turning out a delectable menu of culinary treats at the 87th Annual Governors Ball.
The charismatic Austrian-born chef and restaurant magnate has been catering the swishy Hollywood affair for 20 years, and it's no small feat.
- Oscars 2015: Birdman, Grand Budapest Hotel tie with 9 nominations each
- Oscars history trivia quiz
- Oscars 2015 reading list
The Governors Ball is a gala hosted by the Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and takes place immediately after the Academy Awards ceremony.
Puck is in charge of creating and overseeing the feast for the evening's 1,500 well-heeled guests, a few of whom will be feeling more than a little peckish after hauling around 3.85 kg in golden Oscar statuette glory.
Wolfgang Puck's Governors Ball Menu
Tray-Passed Hors D’Oeuvres
- Spicy Tuna Tartare, Sesame Miso Cone
- Mini American Wagyu Burgers, Aged Cheddar, Remoulade
- Smoked Salmon Oscar Matzo
- Assorted Pizzas
- Lobster "BLT" with Bacon, Tomato, Chive Aioli and Brioche
- Aged Cheddar Grilled Cheese with Roasted Tomato
- Smoked Hominy Toasts, Avocado, Salsa Verde
- Crispy Artichokes, Citrus-Chili Gremolata
- Beet Latkes, Pastrami Duck, Apple Mustard
- Parsnip Chips, Caponata, Capers
- Homemade Pretzels, Pimento Cheese
- Five-Year Aged Gouda & Parmesan Reggiano
- Deviled Eggs with Spiced Crab
- Roasted Nuts with Rosemary, Cayenne, Sea Salt and Brown Sugar
- Breadsticks & Seeded Lavosh
Sushi & Shellfish Station
- Passed Small Plates – Served Hot
- Baked Potato with Caviar
- Chicken Pot Pie, Black Truffles
- Parsnip Soup with White Chocolate, Pears, Rosemary and 24k Gold
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Crispy Potato Galette with Smoked Salmon and Caviar
- Wagyu Shortrib, Hay-Smoked Kabocha Squash Puree
- Celery Root Agnolotti, Black Winter Truffles
- Dover Sole, Fennel, Chili, Orange Miso Vinaigrette
The Governors Ball by the numbers
- 1,500 guests
- Team of 10 maitre d’ staff
- 950 service and support staff
- 375 culinary staff
- 13,000 glasses for beverages
- 4,000 small plates
- 4,500 ramekins and verrines
- 6,000 cocktail forks
- 800 push pops
- 4,500 bamboo skewers
Fun food and beverage facts
- 6,500 wood-fired Oscar-shaped flat bread
- 3,500 miso cones
- 113 kg troll-caught Atlantic Bigeye
- 17 whole US wild-caught yellowtail
- 1,300 farmed oysters
- 5 kilos of American farm-raised caviar
- 600 Maine lobster
- 7,500 individual US shrimp
- 113 pounds sticky rice
- 113 litres of cocktail sauce
- 50 whole yellowtail snapper
- 1,250 stone crab claws
- 158 kilos house smoked salmon
- 57 kilos pounds five-year aged Gouda
- 79 kilos Parmesan Reggiano
- 45 kilos five-year aged white Cheddar
- 6.8 kilos rosemary
How to watch
The 87th Academy Awards will be given out at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Calif. on Sunday, beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET with the red carpet starting at 7 p.m. ET on ABC and CTV in Canada.
- More Oscar stories, videos, photos and interactive content
- INTERACTIVE | Oscars ballot 2015: Make your picks
- Who said it: Oscar Wilde or Oscar winner?
CBC arts team is on the ground in Hollywood and will be live blogging from the parties, the red carpet and behind the scenes all weekend.
Watch for full coverage, including photo galleries and all the winners, here on CBCNews.ca/arts.
CBC's film critic Eli Glasner will be live chatting with the CBC Community Team in the aftermath of the awards Monday starting at 12 p.m. ET.
Watch CBC's Kim Brunhuber get a special preview of party preparations from the master chef, including Barbra Streisand's special request in the video above.