The final ballots are in for the 84th Oscars, ending a round of Academy Awards campaigning by powerful producers making the case for their films. Deana Sumanac talks to Canadian producers and members of the academy about how it's done and the rules of the game.
Oscar lobbying goes down to the wire
CBC News Posted: Feb 22, 2012 10:57 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 23, 2012 10:25 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Arts & Entertainment News Headlines
- Quiz: Do you know the definitions of these new Scrabble words? May. 25, 2015 5:55 PM Scrabble is adding 6,500 new words to its dictionary in 2015. Do you know the definition of some of the stranger additions? Take our quiz to find out.
- Comedian Anne Meara, mother of Ben Stiller, dead at 85
- Cannes Film Festival: Dheepan wins Palme d'Or
- TLC pulls 19 Kids and Counting amid Josh Duggar molestation claims
- Lauren Davis, radio host and daughter of Erin Davis, remembered at Ottawa memorial
- J.K. Rowling 'getting over the shock' of Matthew Lewis's risqué fashion shoot
- David Crosby apologizes for calling Neil Young's girlfriend Daryl Hannah 'poisonous'
- Game of Thrones rape scene prompts outraged fans to quit the series
- David Letterman: Top 10 memorable moments
- Salman Rushdie chastises PEN gala boycott over Charlie Hebdo award
- Tomorrowland is 'a fun ride that goes nowhere fast'