A woman claims former CBC host Jian Ghomeshi attacked her without her consent on a date about a decade ago, following similar allegations by other women published by the Toronto Star.
The woman, who spoke anonymously with CBC Radio's As It Happens and is not one of the women who spoke with the Star, said she met Ghomeshi more than 10 years ago at a media holiday party and spent time alone with him at least twice.
She alleges he once grabbed her hair and threw her head back and, during a second encounter, in his living room, also punched her in the head repeatedly with closed fists.
She told As It Happens that she couldn't remember whether or not she told Ghomeshi during the first encounter that she didn't like what he was doing.
In the second encounter, she cried and Ghomeshi told her she needed to leave.
She said she did not seek medical attention after the incidents because she wasn't bleeding.
She did not file any official complaints.
Ghomeshi did not respond to a request for comment. The CBC ended its relationship with the former Q host last week.
In a Facebook post responding to his dismissal, Ghomeshi denied that he has instigated non-consensual violent sex with women and said he only participates in sexual practices that are "mutually agreed upon, consensual and exciting for both partners."
"In the coming days you will prospectively hear about how I engage in all kinds of unsavoury aggressive acts in the bedroom. And the implication may be made that this happens non-consensually. And that will be a lie," he wrote.
Listen to the full interview by clicking on the audio file above.
Another woman has also come forward to speak to the CBC about an act of aggression by Jian Ghomeshi. Hear her story Thursday morning on The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti after the 8:30 a.m. news.