Classified, David Myles and Paper Lions have six nominations each in the 2014 East Coast Music Association Awards, leading all nominees in 30 categories.
Amelia Curran received five nominations, while Dave Gunning and Mo Kenney each had four.
Rap artist Classified for his self-titled album, Myles for In the Nighttime and Paper Lions for My Friends are all nominated for album of the year.
Classified is also nominated for fan's choice video of the year for his single Inner Ninja, which features Myles.
Myles is also up for folk recording of the year, while he is nominated in the songwriter of the year category alongside Curran, Gunning and Kenney.
In the songwriter category, Myles is nominated for his song So Blind, which features Classified, and Curran for Years, Gunning for These Hands and Kenney for Sucker.
Paper Lions is also nominated for best pop recording, a category where Kenney also received a nomination.
The awards will be presented April 6 in Charlottetown.
Selected nominees for the 2014 East Coast Music Awards
- Aboriginal Recording: 4 Kingz, City Natives; Kickin' Krotch, Kickin' Krotch; TheBrokenReckords, TheBrokenReckords.
- African-Canadian Recording: August 3rd, Certified; F*kiT, Jay Mayne; Stranger in my Hometown, J-Bru; Kissed By The Sun, Stahmenah Vybz.
- Album of the Year: Classified, Classified; In the Nighttime, David Myles; Tender is the Night, Old Man Luedecke; My Friends, Paper Lions; Foolish Blood, Two Hours Traffic.
- Blues Recording: From Deep Inside, Dan Doiron; Testifyin' - Fattening Frogs and Mistreating Dogs, Joe Murphy and the Water St. Blues Band; The Kendra Gale Band, Kendra Gale; Shack Up Sessions, Ross Neilsen; The Fortunate Few, Thom Swift.
- Children’s Recording: Music is Our Playground, Basinview Rocks; Priceless, Dan Bursey; Wild About Nature, Little Miss Moffat; The Little Ditties, The Little Ditties.
- Classical Composition: Silken Water: The Elizabeth Bishop Suite, Alasdair MacLean; Lamentations, Clark Winslow Ross; A Short, Slow Life, Emily Doolittle; Rafales, Jerome Blais; Sandpiper, John Plant.
- Classical Recording: Toccata, Barbara Pritchard; Beethoven Complete Sonatas for Violin and Piano: Duo Concertante, Duo Concertante; The Last Time I Came O'er the Moor, La Tour Baroque Duo; Heart's Delight, Lady Cove Women's Choir; I Am in Need of Music, Suzie LeBlanc.
- Country Recording: Classics II, George Canyon; She's Gonna Fly, Meaghan Blanchard; Wrestling with Demons, Ryan Cook; He's Everything You're Not, Tonya Kennedy; Whitney Rose, Whitney Rose.
- Electronic Recording: Land of the Lotus Eaters, Hermitofthewoods; Hologram, In Dreams; Dream Date, Joshua Van Tassel; C'est La Vie!, PINEO; ELECTRIC SCISSORS, Scientists of Sound.
- Francophone Recording: Laisse-moi rêver, Caroline Savoie; Le Folio EP, Les Hay Babies; Hilaire à boire, Les Hôtesses d'Hilaire; Si fragile univers, Lina Boudreau; Maxime McGraw, Maxime McGraw.
- Fan’s Choice Entertainer: Charlie A'Court, Dave Gunning, Jimmy Rankin, Lennie Gallant, Mo Kenney, Paper Lions, Rose Cousins, The Barra MacNeils, The Stanfields, The Tom Fun Orchestra, The Trews, Tim Chaisson.
- Fan’s Choice Video: Blackbird On Fire, Amelia Curran (Director: Krista Davis); Inner Ninja ft. David Myles, Classified (Director: RT!); These Hands, Dave Gunning (Director: Scott Simpson); Horska, Gypsophilia (Directors: Jason Levangie & Sydney Smith); The Fighter, Jenn Grant (Director: Jason Levangie); Never Promised You Nothing, Kim Wempe (Director: Caley MacLennan); Philadelphia (Seaport Sessions), Paper Lions (Director: Millefiore Clarkes); For The Best, Rose Cousins (Director: Rose Cousins); What Up Steve?, The Caravan (Directors: Phil Harris & Gesar Mukpo); North America, The Motorleague (Director: Josh Warburton); New York City, The Town Heroes (Director: Dillon Garland); Croque Monsieur, Wordburglar (Director: Jason Levangie).
- Folk Recording: Truth & Sky, Acres and Acres; Spectators, Amelia Curran; In the Nighttime, David Myles; Tender is the Night, Old Man Luedecke; Between Hurricanes, Stephen Fearing.
- Gospel Recording: Long-awaited, Unexpected, Becka deHaan; Dave's Theme - The Way We Are, Dave Bartlett; Everything's Changed, Elizabeth Deveau; Across 110th Street, Josh Lake.
- Group Recording: Truth & Sky, Acres and Acres; Le Folio EP, Les Hay Babies; Seinn, Mary Jane Lamond and Wendy MacIsaac; My Friends, Paper Lions;...thank you & I'm sorry, The Trews.
- Jazz Recording: Groovin' with The DMQ, Daniel Matto; Horska, Gypsophilia; Echoes - Live at Catalina Jazz Club, Jeri Brown; BiCoastal Collective: Chapter Three, Paul Tynan; Boots the Cat, The Chronos Band.
- Loud Recording: Garlic Fingers, Billie Dre & The Poor Boys; Lethal Waters, Black Moor; Graveyard Dead, Death Valley Driver; Words, Orchid's Curse; Hail Mary, Rapid Alloy.
- Pop Recording: Coalition, Kim Wempe; Mo Kenney, Mo Kenney; My Friends, Paper Lions; Health, The Heavy Blinkers; Foolish Blood, Two Hours Traffic.
- Producer of the Year: Daniel Ledwell, Erin Costelo, Jamie Foulds, Joel Plaskett, Michael "Sheppy" Shepherd.
- R&B/Soul Recording: Promises, Chas Guay; Soul Food, Cyndi Cain; FREEDOM, Dutch Robinson; We Can Get Over, Erin Costelo; Across 110th Street, Josh Lake.
- Rap/Hip-Hop: Man Of The Year, Ambition; Classified, Classified; S.L.A.V.E, Kayo; Corrado, Quake Matthews; The Caravan, The Caravan.
- Rising Star Recording: Broken Down Horse, E.B. Anderson & The Resolutes; Have It All, Matthew Hornell; Turns, Rachel Davis; Sunday Movies, The Town Heroes; Whitney Rose, Whitney Rose.
- Rock Recording: Truth For News, Rain Over St. Ambrose; Acknowledge, Acknowledge, The Motorleague; Earthworm Heart, The Tom Fun Orchestra; Sunday Movies, The Town Heroes;...thank you & I'm sorry, The Trews.
- Roots/Traditional Group Recording: The Fortunate Ones, Ennis; Pickin N Clickin, Gordie MacKeeman & His Rhythm Boys; Corbeau, Ten Strings And A Goat Skin; The Celtic Colours Sessions, The Barra MacNeils; Raise a Glass, The Rolling Kings.
- Roots/Traditional Solo Recording: Coffee 'til Midnight, Alan Jeffries; Collage, Carolyn Holyoke; Halfway up the Stairs, Lorne Warr; Born to Fiddle, Matthew Reid; Entre deux portes, Nicole LeBlanc.
- Solo Recording: Spectators, Amelia Curran; No More Pennies, Dave Gunning; In the Nighttime, David Myles; Mo Kenney, Mo Kenney; Tender is the Night, Old Man Luedecke.
- Song of the Year: What Will You Be Building, Amelia Curran; Inner Ninja ft. David Myles, Classified; I've Got Your Fire, Jenn Grant; My Friend, Paper Lions; The Healing, Tim Chaisson.
- Songwriter: Amelia Curran, Dave Gunning, David Myles, Mo Kenney, Tim Chaisson.
- Traditional Instrumental Recording: Last Night's Fun, Chrissy Crowley; Charlie's Boogie, Duane Andrews and Craig Young; Maxim Cormier, Maxim Cormier; First Flight, Papilio; Turns, Rachel Davis.
- World Recording: Both Sides Of The Coin, A-God; Synesthesia, Asif Illyas; Solitude, Ryan LeBlanc; Kissed By The Sun, Stahmenah Vybz.