- Album of the year: Babel, Mumford & Sons
- Record of the year: Gotye, Somebody That I Used to Know
- Best new artist:.fun
- Song of the year: We Are Young, fun.
- Best country album: Uncaged, Zac Brown Band
- Best pop solo performance: Set Fire to the Rain, Adele.
- Best pop vocal album: Stronger, Kelly Clarkson
- Best rap/sung collaboration: No Church in the Wild, Jay Z and Kanye West with Frank Ocean
- Best urban contemporary album: Channel Orange, Frank Ocean
- Best rock performance: Lonely Boy, The Black Keys
- Best pop duo: Somebody that I Used to Know, Gotye with Kimbra
- Best pop instrumental album: Impressions, Chris Botti
- Best pop recording: Bangarang, Skrillex featuring Sirah
- Best dance electronica album: Bangarang, Skrillex
- Best traditional pop vocal album: Kisses on the Bottom, Paul McCartney
- Best hard rock/metal performance: Love Bites/So do I, Halestorm
- Best rock song: Lonely Boy, The Black Keys
- Best rock album: El Camino, The Black Keys
- Best alternative album: Making Mirrors, Gotye
- Best R&B performance: Climax, Usher
- Best traditional R&B performance: Love on Top, Beyoncé
- Best R&B song: Adorn, Miguel
- Best R&B album: Black Radio, Robert Glasper Experiment
- Best country duo: Pontoon, Little Big Town.
- Best country song: Blown Away,Josh Kear & Chris Tompkins, songwriters (Carrie Underwood)
- Best new age album: Echoes of Love, Omar Akram
- Best rap song: N****s In Paris, Shawn Carter, Jay-Z and Kanye West
- Best rap album: Take Care, Drake.
- Best rap performance: N****s In Paris, Jay-Z and Kanye West
- Best Americana album: Slipstream, Bonnie Raitt
- Best children's album: Can You Canoe?, The Okee Dokee Brothers
- Best spoken word album: Society's Child: My Autobiography, Janis Ian
- Best comedy album: Blow Your Pants Off, Jimmy Fallon
- Best musical theatre album: Once: A New musical
- Best compilation for visual media: Midnight In Paris,
- Best score soundtrack: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
- Best song for visual media: Safe & Sound from The Hunger Games, Taylor Swift, T Bone Burnett, The Civil Wars
- Best instrumental arrangement: How About You, Gil Evans.
- Best instrumental composition: Mozart Goes Dancing, Chick Corea.
- Best instrumental arrangement for vocals: City of Roses, Esperanza Spalding with Thara Memory
- Best improvized jazz performance: Hot House, Chick Corea
Best jazz instrumental: Unity Band, Pat Metheny Unity Band
Best large jazz ensemble album: Dear Diz (Every Day I Think Of You), Arturo Sandoval
Best Latin jazz: Ritmo, The Clare Fischer Latin Jazz Big Band
Best Latin rock: Imaginaries, Quetzal
Best Mexican music album: Pecados Y Milagros, Lila Downs
Best tropical Latin album: Retro, Marlow Rosado Y La Riqueña
- Best gospel performance: Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons.
- Best contemporary Christian music: Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons,
Israel & New Breed,Your Presence Is Heaven
- Best gospel songwriting: Go Get It, Tina Campbell & Warryn Campbell of Mary Mary.
- Best gospel album: Gravity, Lecrae
- Best contemporary Christian music album: Eye on It, TobyMac
- Best Latin pop album: MTV Unplugged Deluxe Edition, Juanes.
- Best surround sound music: Modern Cool.
- Best remixed recording: Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix).
- Best orchestral performance: Adams: Harmonielehre & Short Ride In A Fast Machine, San Francisco Symphony.
- Best opera recording: Wagner: Der Ring Des Nibelungen, Metropolitan Opera.
- Best choral performance: Life & Breath - Choral Works By René Clausen.
- Best reggae recording: Rebirth, Jimmy Cliff.
- Best world music album: The Living Room Sessions Part 1, Ravi Shankar
- Best bluegrass album: Nobody Knows You, Steep Canyon Rangers
- Best blues album: Locked Down, Dr. John
- Best folk album: The Goat Rodeo Sessions, Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile
- Best regional roots album: The Band Courtbouillon, Wayne Toups, Steve Riley & Wilson Savoy
- Best recording package: Biophilia, Bjork
- Best boxed special package: Woody At 100: The Woody Guthrie Centennial Collection
- Best album notes: Singular Genius: The Complete ABC Singles, Billy Vera
- Best historical album: The Smile Sessions (Deluxe Box Set)
- Best engineered, non-classical: The Goat Rodeo Sessions
Producer of the year, classical: Blanton Alspaugh
Best chamber music: Meanwhile, 8th Blackbird
Best classical instrumental solo: Kurtág & Ligeti: Music For Viola, Kim Kashkashian
Best classical vocal solo: Poèmes, Renée Fleming
Best classical compendium: Penderecki: Fonogrammi; Horn Concerto; Partita; The Awakening Of Jacob; Anaklasis
Best contemporary classical: Hartke, Stephen: Meanwhile - Incidental Music To Imaginary Puppet Plays
Best short form music video: We Found Love, Rihanna
Best long form music video: Big Easy Express, Mumford & Sons
55th Grammy Awards winners
CBC News Posted: Feb 10, 2013 6:29 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 10, 2013 11:43 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Arts & Entertainment News Headlines
- Austin Clarke, author of The Polished Hoe, dead at 81 Jun. 27, 2016 7:34 PM Clarke is best known for his novel The Polished Hoe, which won the Scotiabank Giller Prize in 2002.
- Winds of Winter bring sweeping changes on Game of Thrones season finale
- Ron MacLean: Why Hockey Night in Canada's comeback kid can't fix everything
- Kanye West dares Famous celebs to sue him, then changes his mind
- Class-action lawsuit against Jeep manufacturer triggered by Anton Yelchin death
- No hurry in determining Prince claims, judge says
- Lena Dunham the latest celebrity vowing to leave U.S. if Trump wins
- 2016 BET Awards: Prince, political content loom large
- Five influential LGBTQ music video storylines you may have forgotten
- Jon Bon Jovi surprises cancer-stricken fan with guitar, kiss
- Star Trek's Anton Yelchin, 27, dead after accident on his driveway