A monumental sculpture series by Chinese activist-artist Ai Weiwei was officially unveiled Tuesday outside of Toronto's City Hall. video audio
A woman who worked as a stunt double for Angelina Jolie sued Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. in Los Angeles on Tuesday, claiming she's a victim of a phone hacking scheme to obtain information about the actress.
In his debut novel, Manhattan-based Kevin Kwan returns to the moneyed Asian enclaves of his youth to satirize an outlandish, fantastical world of wealth. video
Watch Crazy Rich Asians
- Goon's Jay Baruchel, Michael Dowse honoured for hockey comedy video
- Justin Bieber's car strikes pedestrian, but no charge laid
- TV chef Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by police for assault
- Hiring of Michael Jackson's MD called conflict of interest
- Norway's 'boring TV' trend attracts legions of fans
- Saskatoon could lose Joni Mitchell artifacts
- Jedward on the MMVA red carpet by Laura Thompson Jun. 17, 2013 11:57 AM Cheerful pop duo Jedward had much to say to CBC News on the red carpet Sunday night at the Much Music Video Awards in Toronto. A lot of their excitement came from seeing Avril Lavigne, complete with spiky hairband. Check out the Irish twins in this video clip.
- Film, TV tourism spikes with Game of Thrones, The Hobbit by Arts Online Jun. 14, 2013 3:06 PM Have you ever wanted to knock on Bilbo Baggins' door in Hobbiton or stroll through King's Landing, where the dreaded King Joffrey rules from the Iron Throne? The growing industry of film and TV-inspired tourism allows you to do just that.
- NXNE: a primer to the best of the Canadian music festival by Laura Thompson Jun. 13, 2013 4:43 PM North by Northeast is a sprawling Toronto music festival that brings cores of bands to the city in a bid to cultivate new fans. Laura Thompson provides some tips on how to spend your evening hours as music takes over the city.
- FILM REVIEW: Man of Steel by Eli Glasner Jun. 13, 2013 10:36 AM In Man of Steel, the "S" stands for solemn as director Zack Snyder puts his stamp on Superman. While the film features fast-paced battle scenes and an extended and artful look at Krypton, Clark Kent is largely missing in action, says Eli Glasner.
- FILM REVIEW: This is the End by Eli Glasner Jun. 11, 2013 5:41 PM An irreverent and gut-bustlingly hilarious skewering of our Hollywood obsession, Seth Rogen and his modern day Rat Pack poke fun at themselves in the apocalyptic comedy This is The End.
- Jane Goodall Jun. 18, 2013 6:34 PM She's famous for her work with chimpanzees, and Jane Goodall continues to work at protecting populations around the world.
- The National performs live in studio Q Jun. 18, 2013 1:16 PM The indie rock giants play songs from their acclaimed sixth studio record, "Trouble Will Find Me".
- Michael Pollan: 'We watch people cook on TV more than we cook ourselves' Jun. 18, 2013 4:51 PM Food writer Michael Pollan chronicles his pilgrimages to people who are keeping culinary traditions alive in his new book Cooked.
- Who were you at camp? Jun. 18, 2013 1:18 PM As we finally approach the summer, plenty of parents and kids are starting to think about camp.. For many families, it's a time-honoured tradition: pack the young ones and ship them off for a few weeks away. So, for our last episode of the season, we ask: who were you at summer camp?