Arts Top Stories
Guardians of the Galaxy stars Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, the voices of Bradley Coopert and Vin Diesel. The movie hits theatres on Friday, Aug. 1. More
The sequel to the campy classic film Sharknado premiered Wednesday, and the Canadian version featured an actor playing Toronto Mayor Rob Ford. More
Canadian pop star-cum bad boy Justin Bieber has the rumour mill spinning again after reportedly getting into a scuffle with actor Orlando Bloom in a restaurant in Ibiza, Spain. More
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams lobby to save Kodak film: report read comments
- Photos Say cheese! 12 great celebrity photobombs
- Jesse Ventura passage to be removed from Navy SEAL's book
- Opera uses Google Glass to share onstage views read comments
- Emily Hampshire to play Brad Pitt's role in TV's 12 Monkeys read comments
- Michael Cohl, Jesus Christ Superstar producer, sued over cancelled tour
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer by Cheryl Brown Jul. 28, 2014 8:34 AM If you didn't spend the weekend in costume Comic-Con in San Diego, take your first look at the new trailer for the new Hunger Games movie Mockingjay - Part 1 here.
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned? by Zulekha Nathoo Jul. 24, 2014 12:42 PM When you watch the sizzling trailer for the highly-anticipated 50 Shades of Grey, it definitely reels you in. But then we see Christian Grey's face.
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP? by Zulekha Nathoo Jul. 24, 2014 11:02 AM The only thing worse than a pretentious web site trying to sell a jewellery box for $1200 is a web site claiming to be unpretentious and trying to sell a similar gimmicky product, like a world map wall hanging for $2000
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins by Eli Glasner Jul. 23, 2014 5:12 PM I Origins is a movie with many sides: an existential romance, a story packed with with facts and figures but at the same time open to coincidence and, simply, a well-acted film. Your level of satisfaction depends on your willingness to follow the director's lead.
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood by Eli Glasner Jul. 19, 2014 5:00 AM Boyhood is a cinematic time machine powered by actors, patience and planning says CBC film reviewer Eli Glasner.
- LOOK AT THIS: Looking Back At A Vanishing Slice Of Vancouver With Jim Breukelman’s ‘Hot Properties’ Jul. 26, 2014 1:05 pm LOOK AT THIS is a weekly series featuring the work of Canadian artists, designers and creators of all sorts.
- New Canadian self-publishing award to debut at INSPIRE! book fair Jul. 30, 2014 5:23 PM The Association for Art and Social Change is launching a new inaugural award for self-published Canadian authors.
- Getting up close and personal with strangers Jun. 27, 2014 2:23 PM
- Marvel charts new frontier with Guardians of the Galaxy
- Sharknado 2: 'Rob Ford' makes brief cameo, promptly killed by baby shark
- Say cheese! 12 great celebrity photobombs
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams lobby to save Kodak film: report
- Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett release first single off jazz album
- Star Trek's Scotty dies
- The next Captain America is black, says Marvel Comics
- The Goddess of Thunder: Marvel Comics unveils new female Thor
- Emily Hampshire to play Brad Pitt's role in TV's 12 Monkeys
- The real lessons of WWI: Margaret MacMillan