Fighter jets intercepted two Russian bombers flying about 75 kilometres off Canada’s Arctic coast in the early morning hours Thursday, NORAD revealed to CBC News. More
The mystery of why male chimps kill other adults has been solved, according to U.S. researchers. More
Tensions mount in the aftermath of Scotland's historic vote as both sides square off in central Glasgow. More
- WestJet flying Canadians stranded by Hurricane Odile out of Mexico read comments video
- Analysis Could the B.C. teachers' strike have ended much sooner, asks Stephen Smart read comments video
- After the Scotland referendum: What happens next read comments video
- Police issue Canada-wide warrant in hunt for Clinton, Ont. shooting suspect
- Ukrainian peace talks lead to buffer zone deal
- White House evacuated after man jumps fence, rushes executive mansion
- B.C. school year won't be extended to make up time lost in strike video
- Netflix warns Canada against regulating the internet read comments video
- Expect to pay $83K more for a Canadian home than you initially planned: survey read comments
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights opening marked by music, speeches and protests video
- NDP forces Commons debate on murdered, missing indigenous women read comments video
- Aboriginal adoptees find 'some kind of belonging' at national gathering video
- Wildlife officials to search for killer grizzly
- Photos Week in pictures, Sept. 15-19
- IPhone 6 frenzy: Tempers, joy and long lineups video
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- Apple's iPhone 6 selling out early in Canada
- Jean Chrétien gave U.K. government advice ahead of Scotland referendum
- Phony cops scam money from tourists in Vancouver
- Hurricane Odile: WestJet offers final evacuation flight to Calgary
- World's largest beaver dam explored by Rob Mark
- B.C. teachers' strike: No extension to school year to make up for lost time
- iPhone 6: RCMP called to control line-up at Metro Vancouver mall
- Canadian home ownership more costly than thought, BMO report says
Apple's iPhone 6 goes on sale around the world
- Scotland referendum: Alex Salmond gave up chance to negotiate, CBC readers say by Community Team Sep. 19, 2014 3:05 PM News of the resignation of Scottish National Party Leader Alex Salmond following defeat in the historic independence referendum was met with disappointment in the CBC News Community, but for some, it was no surprise.
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
New Brunswick Votes 2014
- Liberal lead shrinks as Tories gain, CRA poll says video
- Liberal Leader Brian Gallant is clinging to a nine-point lead ahead of Monday's provincial election as the Progressive Conservatives have managed to chip away at the lead.
- Cardy, Gallant spar over Nazi parody video tweeted by NDP candidate video
- The final leaders’ debate before the Sept. 22 election spurred on several heated exchanges, including a testy exchange between NDP Dominic Cardy and Liberal Leader Brian Gallant.
- Paul Musgrave earns clarification over NDP shale gas policy
- Paul Musgrave says NDP Leader Dominic Cardy issued him a written statement, assuring him the party takes concerns over the shale gas industry seriously, hours after the Kent South candidate said he regretted running for the party.