New Brunswick's Unemployment Rate
This graphic tracks the latest jobless figures in New Brunswick. The data is based on a three-month moving average of labour force statistics as reported by Statistics Canada's Labour Force Survey.
The unemployment data compares August 2010 to September 2010.
New Brunswick Top Stories
- Updated French immersion returns to Grade 1 early entry
- The early entry point for French immersion in the anglophone school system will return to Grade 1 in September 2017, the Gallant government announced on Friday.
- Saint John breast cancer survivor describes hardships, hope audio
- A year after finding a lump in her breast, Kathy Kaufield plans to celebrate the successful conclusion of months of chemotherapy and radiation treatments by participating in this Sunday's Run for the Cure.
- New Fredericton affirms commitment to performing arts audio
- The City of Fredericton wants to make clear that its next big project is a performing arts centre and that’s what it will be focusing on.
- Progressive Conservatives shorten leadership ballot process
- The Progressive Conservative Party decided with little fanfare last month that regardless of the vote numbers, a maximum of four candidates will go through to the second ballot at its October leadership convention. And only two will be on the third and final ballot if it's needed.
- New Brunswick groups want NEB to restart pipeline hearings
- Two New Brunswick groups are calling on Canada's National Energy Board to go back to the beginning when a new Energy East panel is appointed.